Learn How to Apply for a Tourist Visa for USA, Explore The Hotspot!
How to apply for a Tourist Visa for USA–well, this is one question an answer to which is sought by many aspirants, keen to get the prized visa, and land in the country. If you, too, want to know how to apply for a USA Tourist Visa, you are on the right page.
A Brief Background
The USA is an amazing foreign destination famed for offering the footloose and adventurous the time of their life. The USA, as it is too well known, is one of the most powerful countries in the world, with more than 300 million inhabitants from different nationalities, religions, and races occupying its territories, and making it more cosmopolitan and multicultural day by day.
The USA is also a major tourist destination. On a Tourist Visa millions of people visit the country every year. New York, Chicago, San Frisco, Boston, Washington D.C, Philadelphia are the top American cities and extensively visited. As per a report, the global tourists spend more money in the USA than they do in any other nation of the world.
There are a wide range of tourist attractions in the country, such as amusement parks, casinos, historical buildings and landmarks, museums, galleries, hotels, restaurants, spas, etc.
After Donald Trump came into power with ‘America First’ campaign slogan, the USA has experienced a drop in travel spending. But now slowly the scenario is changing and tourists have again started visiting the country in large numbers.
USA Tourist Visa
If the country attracts you, and you are planning to apply for a tourist visa, then you must be trying to figure out how to apply for a Visitor Visa for USA, right?
The US Tourist Visa is also known as the B-2 Visitor Visa. It is a non-immigrant visa issued to applicants who want to enter the country for tourism, medical treatment or to make a trip to their family or relatives already residing in here.
US Tourist Visa–Some Facts
- Officially, Tourist Visa is known as Visitor Visa (B-2).
- It is subject to approval, you have to apply at the American embassy and get a Tourist Visa stamp on your passport.
- It is a non-immigrant category and is granted for a specific period of time. With this visa, you cannot study, work or do business in the overseas hotspot.
- Duration of the legal validity of the visa is determined at the US port of entry on the arrival. Further, it can be extended for a maximum period of six months, which is subject to approval. To request an extension, you will have to submit a Visitor Visa extension application to the USCIS with the required fees.
How to Apply for a Tourist Visa for USA?
To apply for the popular and extensively used visa, you must have a valid passport. You will have to submit the application form along with all the required documents, pay the visa fees (160 Dollars), and appear for the interview.
The Required Documents
- A non-immigrant Visa Electronic Application Form (DS-160).
- A valid passport with at least six months validity beyond the date you intend to travel and not less than 1 blank page to get a Tourist Visa stamp on it.
- One photograph with the following dimension (1) 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) taken within the last six months.
- If the visa is granted, you will have to pay additional visa issuance fee, depending on your nationality.
Consult an experienced visa and immigration agent specializing in USA Immigration for more information and guidance on the subject. If you feel that just seeking and getting the necessary information may not be enough, hire him! Pay him his consultancy charges and get the visa with ease and inside a short period of time. Try to locate the finest and the most experienced in the business for obvious reasons! Check the different reviews posted online to make a mature and informed decision! But do not completely reply on these.