Australia General Skilled Immigration Visa- Step By Step Process
Australia General Skilled Immigration Visa
Skilled migration visa open an array of opportunities for skilled employees to earn a living in Australia and live there. Skilled immigration applicants can take complete advantage of their educational qualifications, language ability and work experience so as to satisfy the requirements of Department of Immigration and Citizenship and gain a permanent visa to Australia.
So, if you are also looking forward to a lucrative career in Australia, given below is the step-by-step process for your guidance:
- The foremost thing is to check if you qualify through the basic requirements for general skilled immigration to Australia. You must be below the age of 45 years, when applying for immigration under this program. Sufficient aptitude in English language is also mandatory and majority of applicants need to qualify through an IELTS exam as well.
- The next step is to check if the occupation you are applying for is nominated under the Australia’s skilled occupations list (SOL) and Employer Nomination Scheme Occupation List (ENSOL). You should review occupations that figure in the Critical skills list (CSL) and Migration occupations in demand list (MODL).
- In case, the occupation you wish to apply for is not nominated in any of the above mentioned lists, you are not likely to be qualified to apply for Skilled Migrant Visa to Australia. Contact the author for expert guidance on alternate immigration choices and destinations that may suits you the best.
- If meeting basic requirements, you will check whether or not you have relevant experience and desired qualifications for the nominated occupation.
- Some assessment bodies- Engineers and Teachers- require IELTS report to be included as part of the assessment process. If seeking nomination under such occupations, you should undergo IELTS at this stage itself. Otherwise, you may appear in this test at a later stage but before filing of the application for Immigration.
- If meeting basic requirements, you need to apply for assessment of your qualifications by relevant assessment authority in Australia. The assessment body would advise, whether or not you are a suitable candidate for the chosen nominated occupation, as per established requirements. Make sure to include this positive skills assessment evaluation when you apply for visa to Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
- If your occupation does not get positive assessment from the assessment body, you still have a lot many coveted alternate immigration destinations such as Canada, UK, New Zealand, Denmark and many others.
- At this stage, applicants seeking nomination for other occupations should also appear in IELTS test. If claiming spousal points, check whether or not she/he meets the basic requirements. If yes, she should also be appearing in the IELTS test.
- Now, go ahead and check whether or not you meet the pass mark under the permanent skilled migrant visa category. Points in this test are awarded on the basis of several factors in different categories, that include skills, detailed work experience, job offer, Australian qualifications, residence area and spouse skills. The pass mark in this test is set by the Australian government that is liable to change with time.
- If not meeting the pass mark, reviewing your credentials for the requirements of Sponsored and provisional categories might prove to be of great help. You may seek nomination from ‘Designated Area’ or ‘Regional Australia’ or see if any of your relatives in Australia might wish to sponsor you for immigration. We shall be pleased to assist you in this endeavor.
- Now you will file your application along with essential documents and application fee to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship and Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre.
- Post application acceptance, you and all the family members who form part of the family will undergo medical examination and will also provide character certification.
- This will be followed by submission of your passports for the visa stamp at your local consulate office.
Summary: As an applicant for Australian Permanent resident Visa under the General skilled Migrant program, you must meet certain minimum qualifying norms – like getting your qualifications assessed by the relevant assessment body, meet the IELTS score fixed for the occupation along with achieving the current pass mark requirements et al. If not meeting the pass mark requirement under the independent category, you may consider filing in the sponsored and provisional options. Finally, if not qualified under any of the options, you should consider filing an application for another Immigration destination like Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Denmark.
For more information on the Australia General Skilled Immigration Visa Requirements please contact me at [email protected].